Wednesday 14 May 2014

Ice and Scotch!



Most of the time, I don’t. I enjoy my scotch neat but I understand when people want to put some ice in their Scotch.

Sometimes, I’ll put some water or ice in my Favorite Scotch , Black Dog Triple Gold Reserve because I find that higher alcohol content makes it harder for my palate to enjoy the subtler flavors. With a little water, it really opens up.
 When it comes to cocktails, you need ice. And when you want the temperature to drop but you don’t want to add too much water, the most effective way is to use an ice ball.

Why are ice balls better?

It’s all about surface area. A sphere has less surface area than a cube and so by using a sphere, the ice melts slower. Slower melting ice means slower cooling but it also means less water is introduce as you enjoy Black Dog Triple Gold Reserve.

What’s the best ice ball for scotch?

Well in India is is difficult to get an Ice Ball Maker however if you have any friends abroad you can definitely ask for some favour’s!
Some of the best would be Macallan Ice Ball Maker, which basically melts a huge block of ice into a 65mm ice ball or then their is Tovolo Ice Molds. For less than ten dollars you get two silicon molds that make you 2.5″ ice balls. The mold itself is 3.5″ wide and 6″ high and they stack.

Tovolo also makes HUGE ice cube trays, as in two inch wide cubes.

Bigger cubes don’t necessarily melt any faster or slower but they look really amazing. Especially if you take the time to make perfectly clear ice cubes.

This is my list of different ice ball makers that you can enjoy your Scotch with, as i am currently with my Favorite Scotch Black Dog Triple Gold Reserve!


Disclaimer: The content featured above is only for people aged above 25 years. Underage drinking is illegal and against the law. Drink responsibly



No comments:

Post a Comment