Wednesday 28 May 2014

Best reading companion Scotch! - Part 1




Books have always been part of my life from my childhood till date, recently I have become addict reading always go to the library grab a interesting book and start reading, recently my friends have been giving me books to read at home and told books best read with a compliment of Scotch, that is an interesting combination, apparently the imagination factor goes many fold when reading and drinking.

Thus I was in the market in search of best Scotch in the Market that could help me in this new experience of reading books, enter a supermarket with line of Scotch Bottles in a row which really makes it difficult to choose.

Post spending good 30-40mins and numerous questions asked to the store manager and couple of stares from Uncle’s and Auntie’s in the supermarket I finally close on Premium Scotch name Black Dog Triple Gold Reserve from the House of Black Dog India’s best Scotch Whisky provider.

Why have I chosen this you would say?

Well first of all the packaging, one of the best packaged Scotch’s in the shelf, the Golden Box glowing in the slightly dim lit showcase with the logo Black Dog – Triple Gold Reserve standing out in the box.
Then the Bottle, typical Black Dog Scotch bottle with mild wood with hint of rose color floating around, now imagine the same in a glass with 2 cubes of ice…..


Then the manager who seems to be quite educated in Scotch explains some things about the Scotch which just made my decision to buy BD – Triple Gold Reserve very easy, he told the blend is made in Scotland under close supervision of Sir Richard Paterson. The Scotch is goes through triple maturation process, that is Single mal, Matured Grain Whisky and the final maturation is done in Oloroso sherry cask this lends maturing spirit a heavier body and a deep amber color and flavour and delicate finish…. Now that is a very surprising description by a manager about Scotch!

Well with all this new found knowledge of I go back to reading my book and I truly thank my friend who recommend me to have Scotch while reading books it really does help in increasing the imagination factor!


Disclaimer: The content featured above is only for people aged above 25 years. Underage drinking is illegal and against the law. Drink responsibly




No comments:

Post a Comment