Wednesday 21 May 2014

Black Dog Triple Gold Reserve & Poker

Typically, when I play poker prefer Scotch, as Scotch snobbery has gotten the better of me and for my last 2 Poker games I brought along a Bottle of Black Dog Triple Gold Reserve Scotch perfect for this occasion

That said, my best game of poker was a few weeks ago.  We played 2 rounds.  The first was a tournament format with 8 players and a rs1000 buy in.  1st and 2nd place were paid.  I had my Black Dog - Triple Gold Reserve on hand and enjoyed during the entire tournament.  The good mood this imparted must have increased my ability by some amount, as I took 1st place and won about rs2000.

Once that tournament completed, we moved on to a no limit Poker cash game.  6 players stayed for the fun, so we had a pool of rs2000 up for grabs.  Players were allowed to leave the table whenever they liked, so there was no guaranteed take for this game.

My play was a little more up and down, probably because I was enjoying a slight buzz from the Scotch which also provides a little more bravery and aggressive play.  In spite of that foolishness, I held out and was able to eliminate the last 2 players and walk away with the rs2000 that had been paid in.  I basically wiped everyone out.


My investment was rs1000 for the buy-ins, and about rs1500 for the Scotch I drank.  I walked away with rs8000, so my profit lined up to be about r5500, which is about the cost of another two bottle of Black Dog Triple Gold Reserve.


My conclusion was that Scotch had improved my poker playing ability, as this was one of my best performances at a home game in a while.



So I tried it again.  This time with other brand of Scotch.  The 2nd time didn't work quite as well, as I played 2 tournaments, finished 2nd and cashed in the first and flamed out in the 2nd.  I broke even overall, but lost money when taking into account the Scotch I drank.

My new conclusion: Try Black Dog Triple Gold Reserve again and see if that was the magic bullet, so to speak.



Disclaimer: The content featured above is only for people aged above 25 years. Underage drinking is illegal and against the law. Drink responsibly


No comments:

Post a Comment